Southwestern Stuffed Spaghetti Squash: Looking for a food that is both healthy and delicious? Well, your search ends here as in this article, we shall discuss the Southwestern Stuffed Spaghetti Squash which is so healthy, yet simple and a delicious dish. To add to the advantages of cooking this dish, you will require only some time to cook it. This is a recipe that is worth trying by one and all.
Let us have a look into the ingredients that are required for the preparation of this simple, yet elegant dish called Southwestern Stuffed Spaghetti Squash.
- The most important ingredient that gets into the making of the dish is the Spaghetti Squash itself. You can take 1 medium squash for the purpose.
- Then you require a couple of cloves of garlic that have been minced in an appropriate manner
- Olive oil works well for this dish and you can take a handful of the same
- Half a quantity of red onion is also required. This should be cut and chopped in an appropriate way
- A cup of frozen corn also goes well with the recipe
- Next thing you would need for the recipe is red bell peppers which needs to be chopped and cut
- For spices, cumin seeds, oregano, as well as chilli powder is required. You can take half a cup or one cup for this recipe
- Freshly cracked black pepper will add more and beautiful flavours to this dish
- Black beans is another ingredient that shall be used to stuff the Spaghetti Squash. You should carefully drain and rinse the black beans
- Jalapeno pepper should be minced and added to the Southwestern Stuffed Spaghetti Squash for better taste and flavours
- Apart from the above-mentioned recipes, you require cilantro or coriander leaves to garnish the dish.
- Lime juice is another important ingredient which will give the dish its tangy taste
- Cheddar cheese to go over and top the Southwestern Stuffed Spaghetti Squash
In the section that follows, let us try to seek the detailed recipe of the Southwestern Stuffed Spaghetti Squash
The following is the detailed, step by step recipe that is needed for making the Thus, the mouth-watering and healthy Southwestern Stuffed Spaghetti Squash
- The first step is to preheat and keep the oven ready so that no time is wasted while you are tryingto bring together all the other ingredients that go into the making of the Southwestern Stuffed Spaghetti Squash. The temperature that should be used is 375 degrees Fahrenheit
- Take a baking sheet and keep it in the oven for almost 50 to 60 minutes.
- After the Squash has been roasted, it needs to get cooled. This will take another half an hour for the squash to cool down
- After the cooling process is done, the fruit needs to be cut into half and should be made seedless. Now you have to make the spaghetti for which the flesh of the squash fruit needs to come out at this stage
- Take a large skillet and pour the olive oil and heat it for some time
- To this oil, you should add the onion as well as the jalapeno pepper. Garlic and the red bell pepper should also be added at this particular stage. You can put some salt so that the vegetables cook a little fast. Let all the ingredients cook for some time and when they are soft, follow the below-mentioned step.
- Add the cumin seeds, oregano, as well as the chilli powder, and the pepper into the mixture and stir the entire mixture and stir the entire mixture well. This will hardly take a couple of minutes
- Post that, add the beans, the frozen corn, and the lime juice into the mixture well
- The spaghetti from the squash is now to be added to the mixture and other spices including salt can be added at this stage to get the desired taste
- Now, here comes the exciting part. The above mixture now has to be stuffed into each of the squash and the cheddar cheese will go on top of the stuffing, to add to the wonderful taste of the dish
- The entire thing should now be placed in the oven for one last time. This will hardly take a minute or so.
Thus, the mouth-watering and healthy Southwestern Stuffed Spaghetti Squash is now ready, and you can delve into it to enjoy the taste with all your loved ones.
Read Also : Avocado Chicken Salad Recipe
As is clear from the above article, the Southwestern Stuffed Spaghetti Squash is a wonderful dish that you will certainly want to enjoy if you are someone who loves healthy food and is looking for a vegetarian option in meals.
Thus, the Southwestern Stuffed Spaghetti Squash is not only a healthy dish, but it is so tasty and delicious that you will want to eat it over and over again. To top it all,you can indulge in the dish guilt free as it is healthy to eat too. If you prefer going meatless and want to enjoy a vegetarian meal with your friends and family, the Southwestern Stuffed Spaghetti Squash is the one to try!