Muscular Endurance: We believe that strength training is a lot more important than cardio and this is mainly because strength training not only helps in building muscles but it also helps in fat loss. There are many health benefits that come with strength training. There are two ways you train your muscles. One of them is when you do reps and the second one is when you are doing a single rep of a super heavy workout. If you want some help in post-workout go and check dsn post workout review. This is where the main difference comes. One of them is to build muscular endurance while the second one is to build muscle strength.
The point is that a lot of people get confused between the two and hence we decided to first share the difference between muscular endurance and muscle strength. To begin with, muscular endurance is the ability of the body to work out for an extended duration of time. This is more like building your stamina. Muscular endurance examples would include running a marathon. On the contrary, muscular strength is measured by the ability to apply a lot of force on demand. This is more related to one rep max.
Benefits of Improving Muscular Endurance
A lot of people believe that muscular strength is more important than muscular endurance. We do not believe in these ways. We would say that muscular endurance is a lot more important than muscular strength. Let us look at some of the muscular endurance benefits of building muscular endurance.
- The first thing that we would like to mention is that building muscular endurance will help you in ensuring that you are able to go through the daily chores. This includes playing a game or going out for physical activity.
- If you have good muscular endurance, you will not feel exhausted and the fatigue will not set in at a fast pace. You will be able to carry out your activities for a long time before you start feeling fatigued.
- With the help of muscular endurance, you will be able to spend your day a lot easier because the muscles will then be trained to deal with such stress easily.
Let us now look at some of the workouts that can help you in building your muscular endurance. Move on to the next section to check out more details.
Exercise for Improving Muscular Endurance
In this section, we are going to talk about the muscular endurance exercise list which will help you in building your muscular endurance with time. We are going to share 5 basic muscular endurance exercises that will help you further. Check out the points below
- Planks – The first workout is the plank and we are sure that a lot of you are already aware of this workout. For this workout, you need to lie flat on your stomach. Now slowly prop up your upper body with the help of your forearms. Tighten your lower back and get on your toes. Ensure that your body is parallel to the ground and the legs should be straight. Now hold on for as long as you can and then lie down on the ground. This completes one rep and you need to do at least 5 reps for this.
- Walking Lunges – The next workout is the walkout lunge. For this, stand straight and take a large step forward with any of your legs. Now bend down till your knee of the other leg touches the ground. With the help of your first leg, get up and now perform this with the second leg. For this workout, you can perform 3 to 5 sets with 20 to 30 reps
- Body Weight Squats – The third workout that you can do is bodyweight squats. To do the squats, you need to stand straight with legs slightly wide. Now start bending your legs and go down till the level of your buttocks reaches the level of your knees. You can extend your arms forward to maintain balance. For this exercise, you can do 3 top 5 sets of 20 to 30 reps each.
- Sit-ups–This is yet another basic workout that can help you in building muscular endurance. In this, you need to lie down on your stomach and once that is done, you can place your hands beneath your neck. Bend your legs and keep them firmly on the ground. Once that is done, you can then clench your muscles and bring up your torso. Go back down again and similarly perform 3 to 5 sets of 20 to 30 reps each.
- Pushups – This is one of the very basic exercises where you need to lie down on your stomach and push yourself in a plank position. Then you need to lower down yourself till your chest is almost touching the ground. The difference between the plank and push up is that you are using your palms for the push-up and you are constantly getting up and getting down. For this, you can perform 3 to 5 sets of 5 to 15 reps.
Read Also: All about Split Squats
Risk Factor, If Any?
There is no such risk factor associated with building muscular endurance. You just need to ensure that you give yourself enough rest and you do not exert yourself more than the limits. Go slow but be stern. This will help you in building your muscular endurance. Ensure that you pay attention to the form as this will direct the force in the right direction.
This was all about muscular endurance. We are sure that you would have understood the importance of muscular endurance. In our opinion, you need to focus equally on muscular strength and muscular endurance. Ensure that both of these workouts are a part of your workout regime. If you are concentrating on just one part of the workout, you will be able to build the muscle but that you be limited to cosmetic makeover. Ensure that you are using the right form while you are performing these workouts for muscular endurance. With this, we would conclude the space. Thank you.